Recovery websites for individuals, families and professionals seeking information on substance abuse and addiction.
12 Step and Recovery Groups
We are currently only listing non-profit and government agencies related to recovery.
- Santa Barbara Alcoholics Anonymous – a sortable directory of Santa Barbara County AA meetings
- Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous – printable PDF guide of Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Substance Abuse in Veterans– A guide for substance abuse relating to veterans. Includes statistics, causes for abuse in veterans, and how to find help.
- How to Talk to a Family Member About Addiction-an article that gives advise about how to talk to family about addiction.
- Yoga for Addiction recovery-an info-graphic by Symetria Recovery, about the benefits of yoga for addiction recovery.
- Addiction Group-Addiction Group is dedicated to help individuals suffering from substance abuse and helping prevent new cases through credible information and spreading awareness.
- How to tell if someone is shooting up– An article that gives insight into signs of IV drug use.
- Healthy Life Recovery-At Healthy Life Recovery, we provide an inclusive, judgement-free environment. We want the LGBTQ+ community to know that we see you and we value you.
- OC Suboxone-a resource page that explains chronic pain, risk factors of opioids use, and different alternatives to opioids.
- Elevate Addiction Services– At Elevate Addiction Services, our energy is dedicated to transforming the despair of addiction into a purposeful life of confidence, self-respect and happiness, which will positively affect families, communities and society.
- Detox Local-provides medically reviewed guides on every aspect of the drug & alcohol withdrawal process, as well as a list of SAMHSA-approved detox centers throughout the country.
- Alcohol Help-Alcohol Help is an informational resource geared towards reducing the harm caused by alcohol. We strive to provide high quality, well researched webpages surrounding the implications of alcohol use and how to seek treatment.
- Recovering Champions– a site whose mission is to help individuals get personalized addiction treatment through evidence-based practices, trauma counseling, and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Addiction Rehab Treatment– a site that explains elicit drug use, it’s effects, and where to get help. Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Stimulants, and more.
- AlcoholRehabHelp-Alcohol Rehab Help is an informational web guide created for people struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders. Not only do we offer information on Alcohol Use Disorder, but we also have comprehensive information regarding treatment options.
- Hotel California by the Sea-We help our clients establish new, healthy habits and get to the source of their substance abuse issues. We also incorporate family members and loved ones into clients’ alcohol abuse treatment plans and establish a sustainable and robust support network to ensure future sobriety.
- HarmonyPlaceResources-At Harmony Place, we feel it’s our duty to educate the general public about addiction and issues that are currently affecting American society. More than that, we want to educate the public on the state of drug and alcohol addiction in Los Angeles and how residents can get help from the right addiction treatment facility.
- OwlsNestRecovery-The Owl’s Nest is an outpatient treatment program with transitional housing for men and women suffering from addiction issues. Our programs are designed to create a structured environment where all of our residents can establish a solid foundation of 12 Step Recovery, supported by other evidence-based approaches that include CBT, DBT and mindfulness.
- Bedrock Recovery Center-provides individuals with tailored treatment plans in a culturally humble and gender responsive environment, and evidence-based treatments for addiction, trauma, and co-occurring disorders.
- Wavelengths Recovery-we understand the importance of learning key life skills not only for people in recovery but essentially everyone in order to thrive in life. We’ve created a resource on 7 key life skills for people in recovery to educate and support our communities.
- Addiction Intervention– A page that helps you find resources and treatments available for someone struggling with substance abuse and how they can find long-term solutions.
- Chapelhilldetox-Drug problems are increasingly common in a world where illicit substances have become widely available. Thankfully, the increased focus on drug problems in recent years has led to the introduction of a wide range of treatment methods that have proven to be effective. Read on to learn how you can pick the best drug rehabs in Florida that can effectively resolve the addiction challenges you are facing.
- Intrepidrecovery.com-with the help of treatment centers in South Florida, you or a loved one can overcome addiction in the end.
- Addiction Treatment Services-Our directory of nationwide addiction treatment resources includes organizations, listings of state agencies, and insurance coverage information that may be of assistance to those seeking drug or alcohol rehab treatment.
- CNV Detox-Our intimate, 6-bed house creates opportunities for clients and staff to build strong and supportive relationships that will help you successfully complete detox and residential treatment.
- New Directions For Women– a blog explaining alcohol and drug addiction.
- County of Santa Barbara Public Health – benefits and referral center
- FreeGrantsForVeterans– website that helps low income veterans with finding free grants. These grants help veterans with rent,housing, education, medical bills, and utility bills.
- Guide to starting a business as a veteran-This guide lays out all the steps needed to start a business, things to look out for, and has curated a list of several helpful links for veterans thinking about starting a business (government agencies, grants, etc).
a site that helps financially disadvantaged native american families with finding grants. These grants help families with utility bills, energy bills, mortgage payments, rent, medication, education and medical bills.
- Nicotine Addiction and Vaping– an online resource for anyone who has suffered from nicotine addiction. Nicotine is found in many vape products currently on the market.
Tuck, a community devoted to promoting sleep health awareness. Alcohol, narcotics, and other addictive substances have a huge impact on our ability to fall asleep and reach the stages of deep, restorative sleep we need to live a healthy life. Individuals with addiction are 5 to 10 times more likely to have co morbid sleep disorders. For patients in recovery from addiction, researchers have found that insomnia is one of the biggest predictors of a relapse. That means that getting enough sleep is a vital part of avoiding relapse–but habit-forming sleep drugs like sedatives can be dangerous for people in recovery.
Treating Pain Without Opioids to help people learn about the many ways they can address their chronic pain without the risks and side effects of opioid medications.
- Alcoholrehabguide.org E-cigarettes can lead to a nicotine addiction which can affect teens’ developing brains. In data gathered from the University of Michigan, survey results found that the number of students who vaped nicotine in the past month has doubled since 2017.
- Drug Dangers.com– A site designed to keep the public educated and informed of defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are currently available on the market today
- Lendedu– a guide a helping college students within the LGBTQ community locate specific scholarships available
- Mesothelioma Hub– a website devoted to sharing resources with people affected by Mesothelioma.
- MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org-providing visitors with comprehensive mesothelioma cancer information. They also help asbestos victims recover money for medical treatment and other expenses.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma-Mesothelioma Justice Network is dedicated to improving the overall quality of life for individuals diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases.
- FinancialAssistanceforSingleMothers-This site helps financially struggling single mothers with finding grants and government assistance programs. This service is free of cost.
- ConsumerSafetyGuide-Consumer Safety Guide was created to help keep the public informed about consumer dangers and safety issues associated with products currently on the market that can cause harm.
- TopRegisteredNurse– a page that explains the history of Vaping, it’s dangers, and how to quit.
- Financial Help for Single Mothers-Grants and Financial assistance available to single mothers.
- PayingForSeniorCare.com-a website that helps the elderly and their families fully understand the cost of long term care and the programs that can provide financial support.
- Lung Cancer Center– provides the information and resources you need to understand the diagnosis. Are you a patient, loved one, caregiver, or even just a student? Learn more about what a lung cancer diagnosis is and the best way to fight it medically and legally.
- Beneficial Video Games for Seniors– an article about beneficial video games for seniors.
- PTSD Guide by Single Care– a guide, which was medically reviewed by our internal pharmacists for safety and accuracy, to educate people on what post-traumatic stress disorder is, and how it might be affecting our loved ones.
- Silent Professionals– This article provides some helpful guidance to combat veterans who may be wondering how PTSD or prior alcohol abuse affects their job prospects in the security field.
- SoCalSunrise– a resource page which explains the causes of depression in men, how it can go unrecognized and undiagnosed, and how to help a depressed loved one. Our resource also provides tips to boost your mood and ways to treat it.
- VisionCenter.org– an informational web guide created for those seeking eye surgery and other vision correction options.
- Webserv– in response to The Social Dilemma, we’ve made it a mission to raise awareness and educate more people on Social Media addiction.
- D’Amore Mental Health-an in-depth yet digestible resource page to educate people on TBI, symptoms to look for, and ways to treat and prevent it.
- NAMI – Statistics and support groups for those with dual diagnosis disorders.
- Live Another Day – Dual diagnosis mental health guides on topics like overdose prevention, suicide prevention, self-harm, and more.
- American Psychological Association – Articles that outline various self-care activities and how to apply them to our lives.
- Basis Medical – Holistic mental health guide that features over two dozen support resources.
- Nursing Home Abuse Justice-Some statistics indicate that as many as 1 in 3 senior residents have been victims of nursing home abuse. Our mission is to educate seniors and their loved ones of these horrors so that we can work together to stop the cycle of abuse harming our seniors.
- D’Amore Mental Health-a resource page to educate communities on types of child abuse and trauma, how trauma affects people long-term, and how to help children overcome the past.