Santa Barbara recovery websites for individuals, families and professionals seeking information on substance abuse and addiction.
12 Step and Recovery Groups
- Santa Barbara Alcoholics Anonymous – a sortable directory of Santa Barbara County AA meetings
- Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous – printable PDF guide of Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Addiction Center- Alcohol and Drug abuse education and recovery options
- Recovery Village-Treatment for substance abuse issues and co-occurring disorders
- Substance Abuse in Veterans– A guide for substance abuse relating to veterans. Includes statistics, causes for abuse in veterans, and how to find help.
- Veterans Struggling with Addiction-Resources to help Veterans struggling with addiction and substance abuse.
- Rehab Spot– a free web guide about drugs, alcohol, addiction, and recovery.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health– a guide detailing how Addiction affects the Transgender Community.
- Healthy Life Recovery-a resource page that explains opioid use disorder including the signs and symptoms, what medication assisted treatment is, and some facts and statistics for people to refer to.
- Opus Treatment– The distress that addiction can put on loved ones and the importance of family’s support. This page is resource specifically for families who are concerned.
- How to Talk to a Family Member About Addiction-an article that gives advise about how to talk to family about addiction.
- Drug Rehab Connections– a guide explaining Inpatient treatment. The difference between Inpatient and Outpatient, and the types of treatment offered.
- Yoga for Addiction recovery-an info-graphic by Symetria Recovery, about the benefits of yoga for addiction recovery
- Drug Rehab USA-a free LGBTQ rehab directory that uses location technology to display addiction treatment near you.
- Socalsunrise-a resource for people who are struggling and their concerned loved ones to further educate them on opioid addiction, how it correlates to mental health, and ways to treat and prevent it.
- Addiction Group-Addiction Group is dedicated to help individuals suffering from substance abuse and helping prevent new cases through credible information and spreading awareness.
- Spring Hill Recovery– A website that offers personalized, evidence-based treatments for addiction, trauma, and co-occurring disorders.
- How to tell if someone is shooting up– An article that gives insight into signs of IV drug use.
- American Addiction Centers– a page which could help those who may not be able to find or afford the treatment they need.
- American Addiction Centers ‘virtual meeting link‘-a leading provider for addiction treatment nationwide. They host several free virtual 12-Step support
meetings each week.
- Recovering Champions– a site that tries to help individuals get personalized addiction treatment through evidence-based practices, trauma counseling, and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Addictionresource– a site that works to break down the barriers and stigmas that surround substance abuse with free, accurate, and valuable information. As well as a list of the 11 BEST rehab centers.
- Addiction Rehab Centers-ARC focuses on why individuals seek addictive behavior and substances as a means of avoiding emotional pain. We understand that addictive behavior and substances are the solution, not the problem. Thus, it is important to address trauma, abuse, abandonment, co-dependency and shame as the core issues leading to addictive behavior.
- Healthy Life Recovery-At Healthy Life Recovery, we provide an inclusive, judgement-free environment. We want the LGBTQ+ community to know that we see you and we value you.
- ARK-Our mission is to provide the best continuum of care for men, women, and families in the Northeast region and across the United States. We use a whole-patient approach built on a foundation of integrity, transparency, and compassion.
- OC Suboxone-a resource page that explains chronic pain, risk factors of opioids use, and different alternatives to opioids.
- Elevate Addiction Services– At Elevate Addiction Services, our energy is dedicated to transforming the despair of addiction into a purposeful life of confidence, self-respect and happiness, which will positively affect families, communities and society.
- Detox Local-provides medically reviewed guides on every aspect of the drug & alcohol withdrawal process, as well as a list of SAMHSA-approved detox centers throughout the country.
- Alcohol Help-Alcohol Help is an informational resource geared towards reducing the harm caused by alcohol. We strive to provide high quality, well researched webpages surrounding the implications of alcohol use and how to seek treatment.
- Socalsunrise-dedicated to raising awareness and providing support on mental health and addiction, in hopes to prevent future cases.
- Recovering Champions– a site whose mission is to help individuals get personalized addiction treatment through evidence-based practices, trauma counseling, and treatment for co-occurring mental health disorders.
- SoCal Sunrise Recovery-a resource page working to raise awareness on substance misuse in the ELDERLY COMMUNITY since contact with family members is limited during these trying times.
- Addiction Rehab Treatment– a site that explains elicit drug use, it’s effects, and where to get help. Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Stimulants, and more.
- County of Santa Barbara Public Health – benefits and referral center
- FreeGrantsForVeterans– website that helps low income veterans with finding free grants. These grants help veterans with rent,housing, education, medical bills, and utility bills.
- Guide to starting a business as a veteran-This guide lays out all the steps needed to start a business, things to look out for, and has curated a list of several helpful links for veterans thinking about starting a business (government agencies, grants, etc).
a site that helps financially disadvantaged native american families with finding grants. These grants help families with utility bills, energy bills, mortgage payments, rent, medication, education and medical bills.
- Nicotine Addiction and Vaping– an online resource for anyone who has suffered from nicotine addiction. Nicotine is found in many vape products currently on the market.
- OpusTreatment.com-a resource on teen vaping and what parents need to know.
Tuck, a community devoted to promoting sleep health awareness. Alcohol, narcotics, and other addictive substances have a huge impact on our ability to fall asleep and reach the stages of deep, restorative sleep we need to live a healthy life. Individuals with addiction are 5 to 10 times more likely to have co morbid sleep disorders. For patients in recovery from addiction, researchers have found that insomnia is one of the biggest predictors of a relapse. That means that getting enough sleep is a vital part of avoiding relapse–but habit-forming sleep drugs like sedatives can be dangerous for people in recovery.
Treating Pain Without Opioids to help people learn about the many ways they can address their chronic pain without the risks and side effects of opioid medications.
- Alcoholrehabguide.org E-cigarettes can lead to a nicotine addiction which can affect teens’ developing brains. In data gathered from the University of Michigan, survey results found that the number of students who vaped nicotine in the past month has doubled since 2017.
- Drug Dangers.com– A site designed to keep the public educated and informed of defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are currently available on the market today
- Lendedu– a guide a helping college students within the LGBTQ community locate specific scholarships available
- Mesothelioma Hub– a website devoted to sharing resources with people affected by Mesothelioma.
- MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org-providing visitors with comprehensive mesothelioma cancer information. They also help asbestos victims recover money for medical treatment and other expenses.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma-Mesothelioma Justice Network is dedicated to improving the overall quality of life for individuals diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases.
- FinancialAssistanceforSingleMothers-This site helps financially struggling single mothers with finding grants and government assistance programs. This service is free of cost.
- ConsumerSafetyGuide-Consumer Safety Guide was created to help keep the public informed about consumer dangers and safety issues associated with products currently on the market that can cause harm.
- TopRegisteredNurse– a page that explains the history of Vaping, it’s dangers, and how to quit.
- Financial Help for Single Mothers-Grants and Financial assistance available to single mothers.
- PayingForSeniorCare.com-a website that helps the elderly and their families fully understand the cost of long term care and the programs that can provide financial support.
- Lung Cancer Center– provides the information and resources you need to understand the diagnosis. Are you a patient, loved one, caregiver, or even just a student? Learn more about what a lung cancer diagnosis is and the best way to fight it medically and legally.
- Beneficial Video Games for Seniors– an article about beneficial video games for seniors.
- PTSD Guide by Single Care– a guide, which was medically reviewed by our internal pharmacists for safety and accuracy, to educate people on what post-traumatic stress disorder is, and how it might be affecting our loved ones.
- Silent Professionals– This article provides some helpful guidance to combat veterans who may be wondering how PTSD or prior alcohol abuse affects their job prospects in the security field.
- SoCalSunrise– a resource page which explains the causes of depression in men, how it can go unrecognized and undiagnosed, and how to help a depressed loved one. Our resource also provides tips to boost your mood and ways to treat it.
- VisionCenter.org– an informational web guide created for those seeking eye surgery and other vision correction options.