Santa Barbara recovery websites for individuals, families and professionals seeking information on substance abuse and addiction.
12 Step and Recovery Groups
- Santa Barbara Alcoholics Anonymous – a sortable directory of Santa Barbara County AA meetings
- Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous – printable PDF guide of Santa Barbara Area Narcotics Anonymous meetings
- Cocaine Anonymous
- Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
- Addiction Center- Alcohol and Drug abuse education and recovery options
- Recovery Village-Treatment for substance abuse issues and co-occurring disorders
- Substance Abuse in Veterans– A guide for substance abuse relating to veterans. Includes statistics, causes for abuse in veterans, and how to find help.
- Veterans Struggling with Addiction-Resources to help Veterans struggling with addiction and substance abuse.
- Rehab Spot– a free web guide about drugs, alcohol, addiction, and recovery.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health– a guide detailing how Addiction affects the Transgender Community.
- Healthy Life Recovery-a resource page that explains opioid use disorder including the signs and symptoms, what medication assisted treatment is, and some facts and statistics for people to refer to.
- Opus Treatment– The distress that addiction can put on loved ones and the importance of family’s support. This page is resource specifically for families who are concerned.
- How to Talk to a Family Member About Addiction-an article that gives advise about how to talk to family about addiction.
- Drug Rehab Connections– a guide explaining Inpatient treatment. The difference between Inpatient and Outpatient, and the types of treatment offered.
- Yoga for Addiction recovery-an info-graphic by Symetria Recovery, about the benefits of yoga for addiction recovery
- Drug Rehab USA-a free LGBTQ rehab directory that uses location technology to display addiction treatment near you.
- Socalsunrise-a resource for people who are struggling and their concerned loved ones to further educate them on opioid addiction, how it correlates to mental health, and ways to treat and prevent it.
- County of Santa Barbara Public Health – benefits and referral center
- FreeGrantsForVeterans– website that helps low income veterans with finding free grants. These grants help veterans with rent,housing, education, medical bills, and utility bills.
a site that helps financially disadvantaged native american families with finding grants. These grants help families with utility bills, energy bills, mortgage payments, rent, medication, education and medical bills.
- Nicotine Addiction and Vaping– an online resource for anyone who has suffered from nicotine addiction. Nicotine is found in many vape products currently on the market.
Tuck, a community devoted to promoting sleep health awareness. Alcohol, narcotics, and other addictive substances have a huge impact on our ability to fall asleep and reach the stages of deep, restorative sleep we need to live a healthy life. Individuals with addiction are 5 to 10 times more likely to have co morbid sleep disorders. For patients in recovery from addiction, researchers have found that insomnia is one of the biggest predictors of a relapse. That means that getting enough sleep is a vital part of avoiding relapse–but habit-forming sleep drugs like sedatives can be dangerous for people in recovery.
Treating Pain Without Opioids to help people learn about the many ways they can address their chronic pain without the risks and side effects of opioid medications.
- Alcoholrehabguide.org E-cigarettes can lead to a nicotine addiction which can affect teens’ developing brains. In data gathered from the University of Michigan, survey results found that the number of students who vaped nicotine in the past month has doubled since 2017.
- Drug Dangers.com– A site designed to keep the public educated and informed of defective medical devices and dangerous medications that are currently available on the market today
- Lendedu– a guide a helping college students within the LGBTQ community locate specific scholarships available
- Mesothelioma Hub– a website devoted to sharing resources with people affected by Mesothelioma.
- MesotheliomaLawyerCenter.org-providing visitors with comprehensive mesothelioma cancer information. They also help asbestos victims recover money for medical treatment and other expenses.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma-Mesothelioma Justice Network is dedicated to improving the overall quality of life for individuals diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases.
- FinancialAssistanceforSingleMothers-This site helps financially struggling single mothers with finding grants and government assistance programs. This service is free of cost.
- ConsumerSafetyGuide-Consumer Safety Guide was created to help keep the public informed about consumer dangers and safety issues associated with products currently on the market that can cause harm.
- TopRegisteredNurse– a page that explains the history of Vaping, it’s dangers, and how to quit.
- Financial Help for Single Mothers-Grants and Financial assistance available to single mothers.
- PayingForSeniorCare.com-a website that helps the elderly and their families fully understand the cost of long term care and the programs that can provide financial support.